Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Visas and paperwork...

July 31, 2007

We just returned from dinner at a local asian bistro with my parents, Don and Zenda, where we discussed the details of our upcoming trip. It's neat to watch them get excited about the vision and mission of this expedition and I can see that they resonate with the importance of what they are and will be a part of. During our conversation we went over flight itineries, visa applications, shots, what the schedule will look like day to day, who will do what, as well as our strategy regarding packing since we are allowed very little weight (imagine all the equipment: cameras, wireless transmitters, batteries, computers, printers, rolls of paper, extra ink etc. and that doesn't even include our clothes) on the small plane taking to the interior of the country. It will definately be an adventure. The reality is beginning to set in that I will be away from our beautiful little girl, Zoe, for two weeks! Just the thought of it makes me anxious, saddened and a pit in my stomach; however, I know in my spirit that this is what I am suppose to be doing and I try my best to remind myself that she is going to have a blast with her grandparents and great grandparents and that they are going to have a ton of fun too.

Well things keep coming together in really cool ways...Matt recieved a voicemail earlier today from a buddy of his, Steve, who wants to put together a documentary video of all of our pictures and video footage when we get back. It's been amazing to just watch people come out of the wood work offering to use their specific giftedness to help make this thing happen. Here's another cool thing--Matt's bestfriend, Andy, since the second grade plays in a hot band in St. Louis and offered Matt to do a benefit concert for us in the fall! It's craziness, but it's so refreshing to see so many people catching the spirit of this idea and using whatever their resources are just to be a part of it. To that we say thank you for your service because it can and will only work when we all get our feet wet.

No comments: