Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Speaking at Christian Academy's Chapel

I was asked to share about 1000 Words of Hope at Christian Academy's 4th and 5th grade chapel. My daughter Zoe tagged along, and as you can see, was more interested in being out on the floor with me than sitting on the sidelines like we talked.

It was a great opportunity to rephrase the mission and goals of 1000 Words of Hope in a way that a 10 year old could understand. This was more challenging than I thought, as I felt the hopelessness of prospects of being an AIDS orphan and never seeing your parents again was a little heavy for the crowd.

This made for a great opportunity to relate our giftedness as photographers to the different talents and abilities that they have. Hopefully seeing family portraits from across the world helps them think a little about the things they can do for others.

It was a fun way to start the morning for sure!

No comments: