Monday, April 14, 2008

Letters Out and Looking Toward October Trip


Earlier this month we sent out letters for raising support for 1000 Words of Hope. This has been a longer and more intimidating process than I anticipated, so naturally I am happy that it is officially underway. If you have not received any information about this project by mail and would like to, click here to get on our mailing list.

There is much to be excited about these days are we are solidifying plans to travel back to Ghana in October. We will back in Tamale for about 10 days, photographing families and working with friends there. After 10 days in Ghana we will fly to Nairobi, Kenya to photograph families there. We are extremely excited about the opportunity to shoot on both sides of the African continent in one trip.

It is a real honor to be a part of work like this. Everyday I am reminded of the hugeness of what we are doing. Though it is daunting at times, I am trying to embrace my own limitations when it comes to being apart of something that is so much bigger than I am. I know that the work will get done and with this, more people will have the joy and hope that comes with having a family portrait.

I am very excited to share in happiness like this again in October.

No comments: