Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Last Dose of Typhoid...

August 2, 2007

I just swallowed my last of the four doses for Typhoid Fever. I could have just taken the shot and been done with it along with the others from last week's vaccinations, but for some reason if you take the oral dose it last four years instead of two. We figured this made the most sense. After all, unfortunately the threat HIV/AIDS doesn't look like it will be leaving us soon, which makes The 1000 Words of Hope Project a long-term endeavor. So now we just need to decide as to whether we should take the Malaria pills, but as for Polio, Yellow Fever and Typhoid, we are good to go.

Matt and I spent most of the day revising our outstanding equipment needs and then heading down to the camera store to look at some of the lens that we feel like will do the best job considering the look of the photographs we are trying to achieve while balancing the harsh environment we will be in. We also received correspondence back from our partners who we will be hooking up with once in the country and we were able to finalized some arrangements of how some things will look when we get there (i.e. going through customs, connecting with the domestic flight, etc.). When this idea was merely in conception, I could not have fathom all the details that would need to be covered, and while it is a lot to sort through, it has been so much fun and so exhilarating to watch everything come together. I guess that is just how it is when you finally get in the groove of doing what you were meant to do all along.

Anyway, one of the things I must tell you from today is regarding a conversation I had with my sister who shared with me that my brother-in-law, her husband, went ahead and bought all the domain sites related to 1000 Words of Hope after he read our blog! He said that he just wanted to make sure that it was reserved for us! How cool is that? That is what I am talking about when I say that people have already been so giving to this organization and seem to just be looking for ways to help and participate. I want to say thanks Bryce--I feel loved and that you made my day. Thanks.

Well, it's six minutes before a new day begins. I better get to sleep before I feel the side effects from the Typhoid (that's why they strongly encourage you to take it at night right before sleep).

Take Care.
e

No comments: